Sunday, January 25, 2015
Saturday, January 17, 2015
It is easy, in our broad spectrum world to feel like an outsider. We no longer live with our own tribe or clan, or even on the earth, the ground that birthed us. It creates a sense of subtle yearning, one that may not be entirely conscious, to fit in, to find our own place in the world.
I think we often imagine that it exists in the real world in a physical place, or with an imagined mate or family. It is a kind of home that lives within us looking for an outer mirror.
If we are open to non traditional places, we might find ourselves quite happy. There is a kind of snugness that comes when that happens. We are touched on all sides by that container. We fit!
Maybe we are bigger or wilder than this place
Or sometimes it is enough to be near what we might think of as home.
It is fun when we can take our friends there.
I think the idea here is to make this yearning conscious; to unlock the chest of knowledge inside and to recognize our need to to allow ourselves to try out new places, people and things to see if we fit.
We all have that powerful inner gyroscope that will, if we listen and tune into that tone, it's constant song will, if we allow it, take us home.
Sometimes we can go to those places we grew up in. We have often idealized them, so it is important to separate out what the essence of those places were, and instead of looking for the literal place, we find those that most belong to us in spirit. We wish to find those niches and corners that most resonate to what we need and what will make that inner place feel safe and peaceful.
Do not be afraid of looking silly or whether other people there are the same as you. But find a new perch, or revisit an old one, and speak your truth there…… because if you are there, that is all you will hear.
Hoping for some snug cuddles for you today. Misty January 16th, 2015,
Sunday, January 11, 2015
3. ALWAYS SAY “YES” TO THE PRESENT MOMENT.
4. LIFE WILL GIVE YOU WHATEVER EXPERIENCE IS MOST HELPFUL FOR THE EVOLUTION OF YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS.
5. DON’T TAKE LIFE SO SERIOUSLY.
7. THE MORE YOU DWELL ON THE NEGATIVE, THE MORE OBSESSED WITH NEGATIVE THINGS YOUR MIND BECOMES.
9. THERE IS A FINE BALANCE BETWEEN HONORING THE PAST AND LOSING YOURSELF IN IT.
11. YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING NOT A HUMAN DOING.
12. GIVE UP DEFINING YOURSELF AND OTHERS.
13. YOU ARE MORE THAN YOUR MIND.
15. WHATEVER YOU FIGHT, YOU STRENGTHEN, AND WHAT YOU RESIST, PERSISTS.
16. POWER OVER OTHERS IS WEAKNESS DISGUISED AS STRENGTH.
17. EVERY ADDICTION STARTS WITH PAIN AND ENDS WITH PAIN.
18. EXCLUSIVITY IS NOT THE LOVE OF GOD BUT THE “LOVE” OF EGO.
19. SEEK TO LIVE AUTHENTICALLY.
20. WE DON’T “SEE” GOD AS HE IS, WE SEE GOD AS WE ARE.
21. SEEKING IS THE ANTITHESIS OF HAPPINESS.
23. ANY ACTION IS OFTEN BETTER THAN NO ACTION.
24. IF YOU MAKE THE FOUNTAIN PURE, ALL WILL BE PURE.
25. THE MIND IS A SUPERB INSTRUMENT IF USED RIGHTLY.
26. WORRY IS A WASTE OF TIME.
27. IF THE STRUCTURES OF THE HUMAN MIND REMAIN UNCHANGED, WE WILL ALWAYS END UP RE-CREATING THE SAME WORLD.
Thursday, January 1, 2015
We have a tendency on the first day of the calendar year to look forward. WAAAAY forward. Not a bad thing to do. It is good to affirm and set goals.
But my wish for you all today is to look deep into the forests of your body and heart. and to stay with yourself in your own silence long enough to feel who you are.
In 12 Step programs the axiom is ONE DAY AT A TIME.
Maybe JUST TODAY, you could touch the earth in a loving way.
JUST NOW......look up, into whatever holds you here, whatever holds us all together.
JUST FOR TODAY, shine AS THE PERSON YOU REALLY WANT TO BE IN THIS LIFE!
and then maybe be a little silly.
Blessings to you. Bless yourselves each day in 2015. Have many small joys and large laughs.
Misty Wycoff January 1, 2015