Sunday, May 6, 2012

WINDWALKER


A few days ago I attended the blessing of the fleet at Morro Rock.  A remembrance of those who live and work on the water and those who have lost their lives at sea, and an invocation of safety for those traveling on water.  It was a multidenominational service with many people of the cloth speaking.  One minister talked about the Great Spirit flowing over the waters, surrounding the fishermen in storms.  I looked out to the water while he spoke and I saw a boat with a resonant name.





Another speaker talked about the first step to wisdom is reverence and awe.  I thought about looking up in a church to the high rafters, and domed ceilings, and the great Cathedral arches.  I remember being in Lincoln Cathedral in England, a church that John Ruskin said "was the most precious piece of architecture in the British Isles".  The rise of the Norman and Gothic arches draw us high.  High into our vision and perhaps into our higher consciousness, our better selves.








I felt the wind blow across the pier and felt the energy of those around me, and suddenly my eyes drifted high again, and I was reminded that we can rise from wherever we stand.


                                                             

Off stage cues today:  LOOK UP!  BLESS YOU, BLESS ME, BLESS US ALL.


Building | Lincoln Cathedral









No comments: