Saturday, August 9, 2014

JAMMING

If the world gives you peaches….. make jam!

My neighbor has an orchard in the valley and gave me a big lug of peaches.  My other neighbor wanted to help so bought the pectin and some sugar  and we peeled and pitted and chopped up big drippy luscious yellow peaches.. tossed them in the pot and stirred in some spice and laughter.  We each ended up with enough jam for the winter.

It took me home to the ranch.  Summer days and my mom and I hunched over the kitchen sink, peeling, peeling, peeling away.  It could have been peaches, or apples or pears or plums, or shucking corn for the freezer, or tipping beans or cleaning berries. 





It was always the two of us.  It didn’t feel like special time then..  I am sure I would have rather been leaning over the back fence singing songs or playing with the dogs.

But now it is so sweet a thought.  Time with my mom.  Such a gift, a blessing.

How often we are living in moments, seemingly so ordinary, that we miss them.

Look up folks.  Today is it!!!!  Breathe deep, look closely at your world…. You are RICH!!

Happy Saturday Night!







Misty, August 9, 2014

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So true., Misty! Thanks for reminding us. Beth