Sunday, March 8, 2015

THREE STORIES




I have a challenge for you today.

Without talking about specific religion or specific politics I invite you to explore what gets you up in the morning.
I will lead with my three.  If you would be so good as to list your three in the comments section, I will add them to this post to share with others who read this blog. I can do this anonymously if you choose, just indicate that at the end of your comments.  Just start each one with I BELIEVE....
You might think of this as those ideas or things that drive your passion.





I BELIEVE THE OCEAN IS PERFECT. 



Having spent our earliest months in a  body of water, and being comprised of so much water, we are swept with the sound of surf and moving pebbles and sea breezes into a point of complete safety.  We sink into a place where the world was still completely safe to us and our daily doses of cortisol stop pumping and we are allowed the kind of physical, mental, emotional and spiritual rest that allows for deep healing.

I BELIEVE THAT DOGS ARE PERFECT.




Most dogs have more compassion, forgiveness, and patience in one afternoon that many humans have in their lifetime.  They are loyal and unless we are unkind to them, are ever friendly.   They have no judgement, and their level of acceptance of what is, is rivals the Buddha.  They live totally in the present and show our value to them but the simple act of wanting to spend time with us.




I BELIEVE THAT HOW WE INTERACT WITH THE NATURAL WORLD IS HOW WE REFLECT WHO WE ARE.


I am considering here that the natural world is inclusive of our own bodies as well as wildlife and the land outside of our homes.  Are we in awe?  Are we respectful and not intrusive?  Do we protect it from harm and nurture it with consciousness and love?
   Can we see that each time we are in relationship with our bodies, our people, our planet, our specific and timely behavior is who we are.  Period.






                     Being who I am you might guess that I might have one more......

I BELIEVE THAT FINDING A WAY TO BE CREATIVE EACH DAY IS THE WAY WE TOUCH SPIRIT.



We can write, or dance, or cook, or garden, or sing, or make a basket or simply decide where to place the glass beside the dinner plate.  To live in that space of following the heart energy, we invite something deep within to venture out.  To speak beyond self.




Those sparrows
 on the wire
deciding
the day.
  How high will they go?

B. Misty Wycoff
8 March 15


Ok now your turn!  I welcome you to list three beliefs.  Three things that brings your breath a little faster, your heart a bit stronger, a moment of reverence or purpose.... 

drop down to the comment box, and begin

I believe.........













No comments: