Thursday, February 13, 2014

IRIS


Today my Scottie girl Iris, 13, died. She had a mass in her stomach. I dug her grave and then Zuzu and I went to the park for a walk and then to the Rock. The clouds were sliding up and over the top and then disappearing. The sea is dark with whitecaps but the sky is blue. I began imagining Iris's spirit sailing along with the clouds, up, up high and over the bay, seeking whatever peace there is for all of us, after. Those that knew her in the therapy room can say a little prayer for her loving spirit. Thanks for all the good wishes.


This is a photo of her with her sister Jasmine, on a trip to Bishop many years ago. She is on the right.


And this one is with Zuzu when she arrived.       We spent a great morning in bed, snuggling…  Farewell my friend.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Misty: I read your posting on Iris with tears in my eyes. It is such a sadness when those beloved creatures leave us. But I do believe completely that there is peace, and that her spirit goes on, and she and your other loved ones are by your side, always. Love to you and ZuZu - Virginia