Sunday, November 30, 2014

TRUSTED MOMENTS

Someone warned me years ago to never trust someone who says "TRUST ME".  The theory along the lines of someone protesting too much.  But trust is an important thing to ponder.  In its many definitions in my O.E.D., it seems to come down to an act of faith.  We rely on something or someone based on our perception of their history of being consistently who we think they are, or doing what they say they will do.






  So we might just ask, how does trusting strengthen or reinforce us? Well we might better understand the importance of it when we look at any relationship in our life that was without it.  Broken, lost, dark, separated, pain, these are the words that come to me when I think about those losses of trust.



  treysta  to strengthen, reinforce
Where is trust residing in me?  What does that place look like?  Is it a small cubbyhole in the back of my mental processes?  Or is it a ballroom sized place that has room and interest in all I bring to it.  What happens when we trust?  How does that feel?





I find I love thinking about TRUST.  It brings me to a place of nothingness, like meditation.  Try it again and find the place that it resides in you...   Like the child in this photo, there is nothing holding her up as she flies into the man's arms..  Nothing.        There is a weightlessness to the act of trusting.  A letting go.  A willingness to let the world catch you.  I love that place.



I believe that in all living relationships, there is room for that energy.                                                                          I believe within all of us there is room for that sense, that choice, that act of...................................................
Letting GO.


It is not always easy to find ourselves there. It is easier, of course to hold our cynicism in front of us, shielding us from the pain of disappointment or loss, but there is loss BEHIND that barrier as well as in front of it.   So  I ask you, just for today, to find someone, or something you are fond enough of, to try to rest in.....




Trust!

Yep, that's what I have today.  Oh yea, and while you are thinking about it, take a walk today too!


                                     Blessing be in your heart.     Misty  November 30, 2014






No comments: