Friday, December 20, 2013

A USEFUL CHRISTMAS - MY HOLIDAY NOTE



                                                                                   2013

I saw this photo and couldn’t put my eyes anywhere else.  I kept thinking about being USEFUL.  Our human need for that, or maybe as the photo shows, an animal need for it.  We get a look on our faces, a shift in our stance and a heart space deepened by the action.  We are grateful to serve.  Nice!   In looking for definitions, I also found the phrase “useful load”.  It is an aeronautical term meaning the maximum load a plane can take on above it’s own weight.  How do we determine this for humans?  How do we balance the need to help and the need to keep our load right for us?   I think this dog has it just perfectly.  He is tuned to the season, found the right thing to do, brought the right tools, was out on the land, and had a friend’s help and companionship…  All the pieces I wish for each of you who reads this.  May you have the happiest and best New Year.


 Love, Misty     And Iris and Zuzu, who are the most USEFUL pals.

No comments: